[BaadAssGremlins] Help deciphering codes

[BaadAssGremlins] Help deciphering codes

Hello everyone,
I am trying to decipher my VIN# and door tag codes. I am running in to some trouble, numbers arnt working for me I cant seem to find info or correct info on my Gremlin.
I believe I have the vin# figured out this is what I came up with. Correct me if I am wrong.
My vin# is A 4 A 4 6 5 A 3 7 1 9 1 5
A= AMC
4= 1974
A= automatic colum shift
4=series # Gremlin
6= body type 2 door sedan
5= group number (trim level)  Gremlin
A= 258 1V
3= Kenosha built
and remaining numbers is the car number

The door Tag

Paint A1 = snow white
Body 049647 = is the number assighned to the car at the body plant.
        Does this number mean some thing or  was this the 049647th. body made that year?
Model 7446-5
    4,6&,5 = 2 door 4 place. What does 4 place mean?
Trim 4064
I am really confused here.
0 = series       The gremlin is a series 4. What is this 0 doing here? That should be a Hornet.
6 = tan or beige
4 = seat type, what seat type is a 4

Thanks for any help that any one maybe able to offer.
Rj
1974 Gremlin

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS