[BaadAssGremlins] Last Week

After a week on 90-95 degree temps and high humidity I am taking 3 days
off from interior work other than cleaning the base back seat cushion in
the A/C and doing nothing else. I will stay nice and cool, drink a
little wine and watch some auto racing on TV. From crawling around the
interior for 4 days last week my body hurts all over, the hips the knees
and one shoulder and my neck, thank god for perscription pain killers. I
did however get the folding part of the back seat in with it's hand
fitted and bound carpet. The trick was over a 2 day period and 3 hours
time was to make the seat latch properly. It finally does, what a pain
literally and physically, I needed assistance getting out of the car a
couple of times. I installed the new door hinge plate and adjusted both
doors. The rear seat latches work like new now and the doors close and
fit like new. With the new door fuzzes and the new window channel the
windows in the doors do not rattle when you close the door and go up and
down smoothly. Next week I have to check with my upholstery guy about
getting the bucket seats done and order the seat insert material if he
approves it. I think by August 1'st I will finally be done with the
interior job with the possible exception of the bucket seats. That
depends on the upholstery shops schedule. It's been 4 1/2 months since
the car has been laid up. I was hoping to be driving it by now and have
my yellow car getting some body work done now. I've had them 2 NOS front
fenders for a year now and need to do some rust repair in the front of
the rockers where the fenders attach before installing them. This coming
winter I hope to do the V8 conversion on my yellow car. Happy 4'th
everyone.
"Doc"