[BaadAssGremlins] Lifting the rear of a Gremlin...re-arched versus addin

[BaadAssGremlins] Lifting the rear of a Gremlin...re-arched versus adding leafs

Anyone ever add leafs or have higher arch leaf springs
made to lift their Gremlin? I just installed a 9" ford
under my Gremlin.I need clearance for large tires.
I've been previously relying on air shocks...but want
the suspension to hold it.I've rebuilt alot of leaf
springs to lift various vehicles over the years. I
added main leafs or the secondary leafs from a early
to late 70's f100's with the eyes cut off to a 69
mustang,65 Falcon,even my sons Pinto ...etc, with not
"alot" of harshness added.BUT i've never added to  a
Gremlin.First of all each of the Gremlin leafs are way
thinner than any other spring i've worked with!  I
only added ONE secondary leaf(not a cut off main leaf)
 from a f100 to my Gremlin. It raised it about
3-4"..just as i wanted..BUT the car only moves about
1/2" ....rides like it has NO springs AT ALL. It did
not ride anywhere near that rough before the spring
swap with the air shocks FULL!! Anyone use espo? I did
not want to buy new ones...mine are fine. I just need
to get it up higher to clear the bigger tires.
Heck...i have not even clamped the front of my south
side traction bars yet...that will really stiffen it
up!! Any suggestions of leafs to add that wont kill
the suspension travel as bad? Remembed American
Grafitti...the scene where the white 57-58 FORd
bounces alot while cruising the street..thats how it
is...SOLID!!THANKS....(currently receiving  free
spinal  adjustments while driving my Gremlin)....Joe>