Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: NOS Gremlin Grill on eBay

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: NOS Gremlin Grill on eBay

AMC was known for mid year changes on all their cars without warning. My
late 74 built Hornet has a 75 grill and so does a friends 74 Sportabout.
While my late 73 build 74 Hornet has the proper 73-74 grill.
"Doc"

--- Begin Message ---
Paul,
 No offense taken. I see you have conflicting statemeants. First you said they did not change then you say AFAIK.
  I have seen 73 gremlins with the 3 piece grilles and could show you many pics but that isn't proof. Prove to me that the grilles were not changed in mid year.
 I have my information from Tom Benvie. I also have been researching and building gremlins for the passed 18 years. I am on my 8th gremlin. I am sure there are others out there that have been into grems alot longer but I have learned alot and seen alot. ( not that I know it all )
 I wounder if Eddie or some one has a parts book or some other documentation to show when the change was exactally.
 Also in 73 the bumpers were changed and 5MPH bumpers were added. The design on the door panels is different. 72 did have the gremlin guy plaque on the door pannel as well. Did you also know that some 70 gremlins didn't have a glovebox? Mine was one of those gremlins and I just located a dash incert that goes where it is supposed to be.
 Anyway I am rambling now.
 Davis

Davis,
No offense but the grill for the Gremlin did not change in mid-year
'73. You make it sound like there are some "late '73" models which will
have the '74-75 3 piece grill on them. AFAIK this is just not true. The
only thing that I know of that may be different on some later and
earlier '73 Gremlins is the presence of the little Gremlin plaque next
to the inside door handles and the number of prop cylinders on the rear
hatch. I have seen some '73s with 1 and other with 2. If you have seen
a '73 with the 74 Grill, please post a pic of it.
Paul