From: Tom Diehl
Sent: Friday, June 24, 2005 6:26 PM
Subject: AMC Spirit Racer For Sale

Hey Eddie.  Hope Paige and Noah and (man, I can't ever remember your other child's name).  Anyway, hope all is well.  I decided to get out of the racing scene after doing a fresh rebuild on my 401 and racing it for 3 passes.  I think it was just one of those things that I "had" to do but....probably wasn't a good idea financially.  Anyway, I loved rebuilding the 401 and it runs good.  I probably should have put a larger cam in it but going 12's on motor and 11's on the bottle are fast enough for this old guy.  Actually, I only made 3 passes on the motor and am not going to hit the bottle.  I'll let the next guy do that but it's run 11's in the past before the rebuild and I expect it will go faster now....maybe 11.40's.  Anyhow, I know you buy and sell alot of cars so I thought I'd ask you how much you charge to put my car on your site.  Here's the details, and a photo is attached.

  • fresh 401 (.30) over rebuild with 3 runs on new motor.  Ran 12.73 on motor at AMC Regional  regional last week but throttle cable was loose and busted after the last run...suspect I wasn't getting full pedal.  Put a new throttle cable on today.
  • Honed cylinders and installed new ross 12.1:1 racing pistons with powerflex racing rings.
  • crank polished at .20 over.
  • New Ultra High Torque Mini Starter (good for up to 18:1 compression)
  • new melling oil pump kit
  • rotating assembly balanced.
  • new $300 SFI balancer.
  • block "O" ringed to make sure no compression leakage & installed ROL head gaskets.
  • new ARP rod, main and head bolts.
  • new double roller timing chain with
  • additionql large size oiling line for rear bearing installed under valley pan.
  • 272 crane cam (.484 intake and .512 exhaust).
  • new erson lifters.
  • new 1000 cranking amp battery.
  • new ferrea 2.08/1.74 valves installed and did minor port matching job on heads.
  • air gap intake
  • 800 cfm edelbrock
  • MSD 6AL box, MSD pro billet distributor and Blaster coil
  • ram air setup with new dual snorkle breather (k & N air filters within breather and on top).
  • moroso electric water pump motor and new aluminum water pump.
  • twin 12" puller fans.
  • three core radiator
  • nitrous express setup with wide open trottle switch (100,150, 200 hp)
  • beefed up 904 with 2500 stall (maybe 25 runs on rebuilt trans). Shifts great.
  • Line lock
  • B&M Pro Rachet shifter with new cable.
  • amc 20 rearend but have spot welded the tubes to the center in 4 spots and welded flat bars from each side of spring perch to tubes.....so it's strong and won't twist up.  Moser axles and 4.10 gears.  Universal joints without the grease fittings on driveshaft.
  • drive line loop.
  • padded 8 point roll cage.
  • racing seat with 5 point harness
  • 28 X 13.5 X 15 Mickey Thompson ET street tires
  • billet mufflers
  • rear metal/vented battery box just installed
  • louver for rear hatch back but no hardward (not installed).
  • car is unmolested and weighs in at 3026 pounds without me in it.
  • twin axle heavy duty trailer with 8 ply tires

    $6,200

    Have A Really Great Day

    Tom Diehl
    RR 2 Box 2584