[BaadAssGremlins] Saturday's Interior Progress

[BaadAssGremlins] Saturday's Interior Progress

You know I can't leave well enough alone and have to always modify or
improve somthing. Before installing the drivers side rear door panel I
notched the body for clearance for the rear wiring harness, it just sat
against the edge of the body and the door panel was snapped over it
squashing it against the body. Apparently I did not make a mistake on
the pass side door panel as to the positioning holes for 2 of the clips.
On the drivers side the same 2 clips would not line up either.
Apparently this is one of the subtle changes I have found between an
early 74 build and a late 74 build. So instead of trying to make them
fit which I couldn't on the pass side and waste a lot of time I just
eliminated the 2 clips and used the double stick outdoor carpet tape in
their place like I did on the pass side. I have the hatch area carpet
ready to install this week. My wife is so happy to see the interior
parts start leaving the house she even helped carry them out for me. I
think for the time being and to save some time and money I will use the
mint black rear seat from my yellow Hornet in this car. I have a price
of around 1,000$ for re-upholstery of the original tan  back seat and
the 2 Javelin front buckets. Today I need to rest and use some pain
killers. Spending the last 2 day's crawling in and out and around the
back of this car has aggravated my bad left knee, left hip again along
with my back and left arm again. Thank god this part of the job is over.
Later.
"Doc"