Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Whats everyone have for a daily driver?

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Whats everyone have for a daily driver?

Title: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Whats everyone have for a daily driver?
It's hard to put a nationality tag on cars anymore. A Ford Focus (designed in Germany, built in Mexico) is considered an "American" car because of the nameplate. A Nissan Altima (designed in California, built in Tennessee) is considered Japanese. Go figure. One of my cousins bought a new Volvo, and the window sticker said that it was made in Canada.
I've been buying cars since the late 1950s (I'm even older than Doc) and I remember when American cars were the standard of the world and Toyotas were like tin cans. Hondas didn't even exist. Mercedes and BMWs were a rare sight. Then in the seventies Detroit started getting the 'they'll buy whatever we build' attitude. Sad.
Onree
2 Gremlins
4 Eagles
1 Dodge Caravan
2 Chevys
1 Maxima
1 Honda
1 Morris Minor
(every one a great car--IN ITS OWN INDIVIDUAL WAY)

on 6/12/05 8:45 PM, baadass73gremlin@xxxxxxx at baadass73gremlin@xxxxxxx did write:

The Toyotas you guys are going gaga over are built in the USA.the quote un quote 'American' cars are really built either in Canada or Mexico I hate new cars anyway.the newest thing i ever owned was a 90 Dodge Dakota and the oldest my 73 Jav,Grem and Fury.I'd go for a small gas friendly Toyota truck if i drove everyday but i am unemplyed and drive when i absolutly have to which my Fury is ok for that purpose.
Bart