Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Info - head prep for painting ; cleaners preferred

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Info - head prep for painting ; cleaners preferred...

Jerry

If the head is off the block, it should be a simple task to clean.

I've always had good luck with Easy-Off over cleaner. It will not only remove the baked on gunk but will also remove old paint. Set the head out in the sun for a while then coat it really good using a spray can of Easy-Off. You can use a small wire brush to speed things up. Once you've given it time clean, rinse it off.

A pressure washer would be nice to have at this point but then I've actually taken blocks and heads to a car wash to do this too.

Rick