[BaadAssGremlins] Re: E85 question

-I live in Ill too. I know a few people who are running E85. Their
Dodge mini van dropped from 20 mpg to 16 mpg ( rough est.) This
figures out that their are saving roughly a penny a mile( liattle
over). A guy at work has changed all of his cars to E85. He has a
tank at his house with E85 in it. I live with in a mile from the
ethanol plant also. It is a big deal around here. I will ask the guy
at work about what he changed over. E85 around here was $1.49 and
gas is $2.06.
                             SCOTT

-- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, paxiljunki <paxiljunki@xxxx>
wrote:
> ok, this is kooky, i know, but i'm curious.  has
> anyone here used E85 (ethanol) in either a modern
> flexible fuel vehicle, or attempted to use it with
> their old 70's carborated car?
>
> i'm in illinois where E85 is a new big thing and
> there's talk of removing the taxes on it (to help the
> farmers, yada yada).  it's available at many of my
> local gas stations and is a lot cheaper than gas.
> according to my trusted mechanic and my chemist
> husband, converting my 78 gremlin to a flexible-fuel
> vehicle won't involve much more than installing larger
> jets in my carb.  my gas milage will go down, but the
> cost to get from point a to point b will be
> considerably less.
>
> but really, what are the bugs in this system?  from
> what i understand, E85 eats rubber hoses for breakfast
> and gaskets for dinner.
>
> if my car wasn't already a trusty daily driver, i'd
> just go ahead and do it out of curiousity.
>
> pax
>
> "I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make
as they go flying by." -- Douglas Adams

http://us.click.yahoo.com/2xaSZB/SOnJAA/Y3ZIAA/YtqqlB/TM