Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Interior Progress????????

Have a good weekend, Doc.   Hang in there.  Amen and AMC ya!  Gary 'The Mix'

-----Original Message-----
From: AMC74HORNET@xxxxxxxxx
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thu, 26 May 2005 17:01:10 -0400
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] Interior Progress????????

Well another week is almost over. The bones hurt like hell and there is
rain in the forecast for the next 7 days on and off and it feels like
mid November here in lower N.Y.. Next week is going to be the start of
June and I and I am falling farther and farther behind every day. The
assembly of the interior from the rear forward is slow, but on a
hatchback this is the easiest way to go. The carpet set I bought from
Kennedy American needed some serious trim & fit work for it to fit
properly so far. The so called formed two pieces for the wheel wells
were a 4-5 hour project to make them fit like factory. My made from
scratch ones in the yellow car fit better and were easier to make from a
3 yard bolt of carpet I bought. The hidden compt. plywood floor needed
to be trimmed because of the custom upholstery panels thickness I made,
but I figured that before assembly. The floor was trimmed, painted and
installed today and now it was time to get out the carpet piece for the
hatch  area out of the box. Bingo It needed to be tweaked, tweaked and
re-tweaked to be fit and has no binding around the edge so it can't
un-ravel over time. A trip to the next town to the guy I buy my
upholstery supply's from netted me the 20 feet of binding I need to do
this piece of carpet. It will all have to be done by hand by me of
course. I did it on my yellow car 3-4 years ago. The finish date for my
work is now July 1'st. The only thing I am farming out is the front
bucket's and rear seat. After the poor fit of the carpet pieces so far I
may have my son help me or pay the guy that owns the shop the car is in
to install the rest of the carpet, it is getting much for an old cripple
to do by myself alone. I still have to replace the entire dash and wire
up the factory gauge pod with it's AutoMeter gauges. 3,000$ for an
interior with me doing 95% of the work and materials is insane!!!! Have
a nice weekend everyone. The wife will be home soon and I know I will
hear it about somthing related to my 1:1 cars or models in the house.
"Doc"

<FONT COLOR="#000099">What would our lives be like without music, dance, and
theater?
</FONT><A HREF=""http://us.click.yahoo.com/2xaSZB/SOnJAA/Y3ZIAA/YtqqlB/TM" target=_blank>http://us.click.yahoo.com/2xaSZB/SOnJAA/Y3ZIAA/YtqqlB/TM"><B>Click
Here!</B></A>