Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Starting trouble help needed.

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Starting trouble help needed.

If it was a Mopar I would say you had a bad ballast resister. If you got
gas and a good spark, hot wire it and see if it starts.
"Doc"

http://us.click.yahoo.com/B9pRWD/3MnJAA/Y3ZIAA/YtqqlB/TM

--- Begin Message --- I was taking my Hornet for a ride the other day and had to
tow it home because of a starting problem I haven't
encountered before. Read on if you think you can help figure
out the issue.

The car started up fine when cold, with it's usual tendency
to stall 'til a minute or two has passed. Toying with the
pedal is enough to keep her running those first couple of
minutes.

I drove it for about 10 minutes when I stopped at a store to
grab a drink. When I came out, the car cranked, but did not
fire up. It did fire somewhat, but only as long as the key
remained in the start position, meaning the starter was still
engaging. But as soon as allowed to return to the 'run'
position, the car stalled.

I popped off the air cleaner lid, and closed the choke. Now it
would only crank with no sign of firing.

Propping the choke open again meant it would again fire as long
as the starter was engaged.

A bit of starter fluid spray was no help.

After it was towed home, I swapped the fuel filter, plugs,
points and condenser, but the issue remains unchanged.

Any ideas where to go next?

John

--- End Message ---