Sent: Monday, May 09, 2005 3:06 PM
Subject: Question

Hi Eddie,
  I have talked to you before about my `70 Hornet, about a pulsing electrical problem, never cured that, just must be in the design of regulator and maybe the resistance that has built in old wires maybe, thinking of making my own secondary regulators and splitting lights and accessories off thru two diff ones, stereo stuff on its own.

Anyway this is what i came here for:
  I had changed my head to the newer `82-`83 head that does NOT have the shaft type rocker assy, has the better pivot type and higher ratio, the problem is, Now that the valve assy sits higher and the rocker cover is taller i cant get it on the head with engine sitting normally in car, it hits the firewall where there is a folded spot welded seam, later Hornets that used that head were different there. I am trying to find pictures of the newer engine compartment, have searched the net but cant find. and do you have anysuggestions? i could remove engine mounts and lower eng to put in then put back up but would have to do that again if i need to get valve cover off again. I dont know if it is safe to cut into the welded seam as i may reduce the strength side to side at that point? i have the newer windsheild wiper plate already, it curves in where mine is flat.

  Any suggestions?  and if you have or can find pictures of newer eng compartment it would be great. cant find any pictures in my manuals i have.
Thanks,
Duane