Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Possible Gas Gauge Problem May Have BeenFound

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Possible Gas Gauge Problem May Have BeenFound

Well so much for finding the gas gauge problem. I cut out the 2" section
of crushed wire soldered them back together and still no functioning gas
gauge. I opened up the 2" section of wire I removed to find it not
broken internally. So what I thought was a quick fix didn't work. It's
cold and damp and rainy again so I am staying in this week end, every
joint in my body hurts. This coming week I will finish cleaning up the
floor in the hatch area and start painting and assembling the interior
from the rear forward.
"Doc"

http://us.click.yahoo.com/0xaSZB/UOnJAA/Y3ZIAA/YtqqlB/TM

--- Begin Message ---
AMC's are supposed to have WORKING gas gauges???

AMC74HORNET@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
I got my pass side quarter window in yesterday. So now it was onto
removing the hidden compt. hatch floor and all it's parts for clean up
and paint. After removing everything I found an area on the fuel tank
sending unit wire crushed near where it comes through the trunk floor
before going to the main wiring harness. I didn't have a chance to
examine it as I had to drop off the metal parts to be sand blasted
before the place closed so I could get them back today. The gauge worked
intermittently but was never accurate even when it did work. The gauge
should have gone to  over full when you grounded the wire at the sender
and it didn't. I am hoping repairing this section of the wiring will
cure the problem. I hate messing with wiring. This gas gauge thing was
the last little repair I needed to make to make everything in the car
work l ike when it came from the factory. Not having a functional gas
gauge is a real pain.
"Doc"

Yahoo! Mail Mobile
--- End Message ---