[BaadAssGremlins] Possible Gas Gauge Problem May Have Been Found

[BaadAssGremlins] Possible Gas Gauge Problem May Have Been Found

I got my pass side quarter window in yesterday. So now it was onto
removing the hidden compt. hatch floor and all it's parts for clean up
and paint. After removing everything I found an area on the fuel tank
sending unit wire crushed near where it comes through the trunk floor
before going to the main wiring harness. I didn't have a chance to
examine it as I had to drop off the metal parts to be sand blasted
before the place closed so I could get them back today. The gauge worked
intermittently but was never accurate even when it did work. The gauge
should have gone to  over full when you grounded the wire at the sender
and it didn't. I am hoping repairing this section of the wiring will
cure the problem. I hate messing with wiring. This gas gauge thing was
the last little repair I needed to make to make everything in the car
work like when it came from the factory. Not having a functional gas
gauge is a real pain.
"Doc"

Give the gift of life to a sick child.