Re: [BaadAssGremlins] PCV Valve

I took out the PCV valve and ran a piece on 1/2" PVC pipe with a short hose to the oil filler cap on my SBC Gremmie......PCV/PVC... They dont call me 'The Mix' for noth'in!

-----Original Message-----
From: Davis Martin <martin-davis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 19:14:29 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] PCV Valve

Well I was kinda funnin cause lots of people mix it up. PVC is a plastic pipe that you put in your house for plumin.  PCV is the valve that releases Pre Crank case Ventilation.
 TO answer your question... I used a K&N filter hose clamped over the oil fill tube and a small pipe that fit the PCV valve gromet and a similar push on breather that I got at Advance auto parts in the ricer section. Er um I mean hi performance section.
 If you need pics I will take em an post em.
 Davis

twa1950@xxxxxxx wrote:
Got a question when you did away with the PVC valve do you have some kind of vent pipe for it. I remember the old Ford sixes had a vent pipe and when the valve guides went out it smoked like hell out of it. If your not running a vent pipe how do you keep from gumming up the system. I have had the hose come out of the valve cover on my Van and not know it and the oil got gummy as hell like there was water in it. Just asking.
Terry