Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Digest Number 769 INDY versus Edelbrock,versus sto

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Digest Number 769 INDY versus Edelbrock,versus stock?/

Joe,
 For the cost of a set of 291c heads ported and new guides, new seats, new valves, springs, retainers, keepers, rocker studs. you could get a set of the edelbrocks ready to go. I have heard good things about the new heads. You have to disassemble the Indy heads to make sure all the aluminum shavings are out and the head is clean. It really is up to what your future plans are with your engine combination. The indys flow great out of the box, better then stock amc and better then edelbrocks. Also they have much more potential if you decide you may go that route someday. But they are lots more then the edelbrocks which are a great aluminum head for out of the box street performance. It really all boils down to what you want and need for YOUR build.
 Davis

Joe <jgray_55@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've "HEARD" that the Edelbrock heads are not made
that good?(quality issues)?? Supposedly alot of
casting flash..etc? ANY ONE tried these? I had
"thought" of the INDY SR401 street heads kit. I have
a set of 219C heads(bare) also a set of 2993's(bare
also.). More suggestions...WHO is good/reliable with
modifying AMC heads?? I'll send them to a reliable
source! Thanks again,Joe
--- BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> [...]
> lack thereof
> on some things) should be laid out here, too.
>
> My morning started rather Hellish when my bro called
> to ask
> me to go fetch a trailer full of wood planks from a
> job site in
> Vernon, NJ and haul it to another site in
> Branchville. A
> 30 minute ride when all goes well. The trailer
> wasn't his, but
> borrowed sight unseen- and for good reason. That
> thing was
> one decrepit piece of spit. dru-rotted tires wobling
> on a clearly
> bent straight axle, no lights, no plate, rotted
> stakes supports
> at least twice the weight it was rated for when new.
>
> I re-organized it because workers have just thrown
> the wood on
> instead of properly stacking it and securing it.
> Hooking it up
> and preparing the load for the trip took 90 minutes
> alone, then
> the trip, at ridiculously slow speeds, took another
> hour...me
> aging rapidly the whole way.
>
> Got to my mom's place by noon, and went back to work
> on the
> '81 Spirit, removing it's entire dash so that Davis
> could have it
> with the '79 roller he was coming for. Got my black
> door panels
> on (a temp set as I'd forgotten to bring my nice set
> from home).
> I installed the temp ones cuz I gave the tan ones to
> Davis and
> didn't wanna leave the screw and such loose, only to
> get lost.
>
> Davis arrived (or sneaked in) and called me on the
> cell to say
> he was with the car duiring the 5 minutes I sat down
> in the house.
> Still haven't figured how we missed him pulling in.
>
> After the hitch fix, we got real lucky when the car
> just rolled
> right up onto the dolly with nearly no effot (three
> cheers for the
> mild slope and a running start! All the bits &
> pieces went in the
> truck and the car, then he followed me as I snaked
> thru many
> local roads to get back to my place (main roads
> would have
> been far slower during rush hour). We chatted some
> more before
> tossing a 727 tranny ion the truck that had been
> eating up space
> in my driveway...and which I had no real use
> for...hence the price.
>
> Glad to see Doc got his parts...tho it woulda ben
> cheaper to take
> the whole car! Hopefully, I'll se some of those when
> his car(s) is/are
> at Ardsley on May 15th. I plan to have my Hornet
> there, Murphy's
> Law not withstanding.
>
> Good to meet Davis, too. Yet another RAMBLER loon

=== message truncated ===

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide