Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Calling 'em Ramblers......was swedish & norwegian

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Calling 'em Ramblers......was swedish & norwegian hornets

I'm with you Davis!

Davis Martin <martin-davis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
That's all right, I'll just stick with my NASH
 Davis

Onree <onree@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

When I bought my new 1970 Gremlin on April 3, 1970 I took it to the County
Court House where it was licensed as a 1970 Rambler, Model was Gremlin. A
few years later I bought a used 1971 Ambassador Brougham wagon, and it was
registered as a "Rambler Ambassador." The DMV will license it as whatever
their books and tax tables say.
Onree

on 4/12/05 9:56 PM, eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx at
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx did write:

> Norway to name just two, not to mention the vehicles in other parts of the
> world where people remember the Rambler name. If anyone cares to read the
> chat' file of the, uh, other place. Whether one agrees with me or not, AMC
> called the cars Ramblers well into the 1970s. And many people will always
> remember them as Ramblers, it is really no big deal, you can still kick
> their ass, or let them see your 'Rambler's tail lights on the street or
> track anyhows.
>

> You know as Frank mentioned, AMC 'created' that legacy of 'Rambler'. Nothing
> wrong with it, but even into the early 1980s you could still go to a AMC
> dealership where your car would be called 'a Rambler' no matter what it was
> model wise. Several of the Houston area former AMC dealerships still had
> 'Rambler Parts & Service' signs in the searvice bays. None however had the
> name 'Rambler' streetside, I believe AMC made dealerships remove those in a
> 'image makeover' but not sure what year they had to comply with that.
>
> I really don't know what the fuss is about either. All of our cars are
> Ramblers, no matter what model, Rambler was the parent company at one time.
> Rambler is a old, and proud name. We can try to revision it as we see fit to
> represent our cars and try to distance ourselves away from it, but it will
> never happen. The Rambler name is intertwined with every car that rolled off
> the assembly line in Kenosha and Brampton.
>
> I don't see any Australians, Mexicans, South Africans, and other AMC/Rambler
> owners of the world taking their nameplates and emblems off their vehicles.
> The Rambler name was used by AMC well into the 1970s. Maybe this is where
> the confusion comes from. AMC statesside was trying to move away from that
> longstanding name, while overseas still selling "Ramblers".
>
> This is a photo off my site of Mascot Motors in Australia for example in the
> 1970s, I believe 1975. You have Rambler Javelins, Rambler Hornets, Rambler
> Matadors, and well, Ramblers RAMBLERS. Note the sign, note the Rambler
> Matador coupe on the lot:
> http://www.planethoustonamx.com/parts%20&%20Literature/mascots_front_row.jpg
>
> Many old timers will ALWAYS call the cars Ramblers and no one shuold ever be
> offended, be glad they didn't call it a Pinto, or Hyundai. Here is a 71
> Rambler Matador fixin to be a cop car:
> http://nacho.princeton.edu/~randito/matador.html
>
> And check out this great looking Rambler Matador wagon turned into a
> truck/utility in New Zealand:
> http://www.chc.quik.co.nz/rambler/Ramblerute.html
>
> A 1974 Rambler Matador from Australia, check out the baby photo looks to be
> in the Rambler dealership showroom too; note right hand drive:
> http://www.matadorsedan.com/Greathead.html
>
> Rambler Javelin 401 with right hand drive:
> http://www.amxfiles.com/amc/aus_jav.html
>
> From Norway anyone want a badazz Rambler Hornet?

http://dyn.tv2.no/tv2rubrikk/searchAds.do?step=3&groupId=60&adObjectId=99911
44> 5

> Or Sweden? If you have never given a second thought to a Rambler Hornet
> Sportabout wagon, check out this awesome custom panel Sportabout.......
> http://www.klipp.se/show.php?adid=21665
>
> AMC Rambler Club of Australia:
> http://web.netyp.com/amcramblerclub/cars.htm
> And shown above is a Hornet, Matador, Rebel, Javelin, yes, all Ramblers.
>

> Back to original thread however about Rambler name and how it lingers. In
> the last several years, the names Plymouth and Oldsmobile has joined us in
> the orphan ranks. Granted, their parent company is still around, but we
> can't say same with Mother Mopar and AMC, or DamlierBenz/DCX whatever they
> call themselves now. My question is this? Do the Mopar people now try to
> distance themselves from those historic names like we have (and as Farna
> mentioned, AMC tried to in the mid 60s)?
>

> Eddie Stakes'
> Planet Houston AMX
> 713.464.8825
> eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> www.planethoustonamx.com
> volume of email is currently EXTREMELY
> HEAVY 8-22 day replies, call if important

Give the gift of life to a sick child.