Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Good V-8 Gremlin parts day? YOU be thejudge...yay

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Good V-8 Gremlin parts day? YOU be thejudge...yay or nay

I vote yay. You got a good deal for 300$.
"Doc"

Give the gift of life to a sick child.

--- Begin Message ---
Got a call from a young guy, who joined my local club last year,
this past week. He had found a V-8 Gremlin, rusty, and bought it for
parts for his Hornet hatchback. He remembered me ( and my card I
gave him ), and called me up to see if I wanted anything he didnt'.
Needless to say....hell YEAH! LOL.
  Anyway, had to go get the parts today, his folks were on him to
move the hulk, so he had about finished stripping it mostly. Here's
what I got for my ( Ouch? ) $300 I paid him :

- Model 20 rear axle ( non-twin-grip ) - $100

  Everything else I paid $200 for which included :

- 304 Motor and auto trans ( timing cover and oil pan cover
removed ), but has Gremlin v-8 exhaust manifolds on it.
- driveshaft
- both doors ( one decent, the other so-so )
- both fenders ( one ok, the other so-so )
- electric wiper and linkage
- most all black interior plastic ( some broken ), mostly good
- both taillight housings
- front bumper and body mounting brackets
- rear hatch glass with defrost option, trim, hydraulic cylinders
- black dash pad
- instrument cluster, 2-gauge, with metallic swirly overlay
- OEM water pump ( rusty )
- carburetor ( crusty )
- grille and headlight buckets ( good ).
- spare tire, OEM, full size
- radiator and shroud ( good )
- misc. small items.

So, that's about it. I guess the big scores were the exhaust
manifolds, the rear, and the driveshaft. He kept the V-8 engine
crossmember, and the trans crossmember, too. But, really, I did get
alot of V-8 specific parts I didn't have yet. I probably only need
the trans crossmember to really be able to do a conversion now. I
think I have all the rest of the stuff.
  Too bad I couldn't have had more time, I wanted to cut the rear of
the car off and keep it, but his parents veto'ed that. Oh well,
can't save them all, or all of the parts, either. I got what I
wanted the most. :)
  So, give me a Yay or Nay if you think I paid too much, or about
right. If you add up the parts individually, I don't think I got
screwed, if you count it as buying a rusted parts car, maybe too
much. LOL. Oh well...
   He also has an AMX ( 1st gen ) rear axle with welded gears, no
good for street use, but ok for strip, he was askin' $50 for it, I
had no use for it. I can forward any requests for it to him, if you
send me an email.
  Well, time to do some home projects, I spent the morning preparing
for the Gremlin strip-tease, and all afternoon doing it, now I need
to do something useful around the house. :) I'll check in later, see
what the "poll" says. LOL. Bye,

Jerry in Virginia

--- End Message ---