Re: [BaadAssGremlins] AMC THEFT in Jersey

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] AMC THEFT in Jersey

Somthing doesn't sound right with this story. How did they get the Vin#
from his name?
"Doc"

Give the gift of life to a sick child.

--- Begin Message --- This week a disturbing situation developed here in New Jersey.
The person it happened to has a fairly well-known AMC among
several other cars, but for his protection, I'm not stating
who it was, what car it was or exact location (so everyone,
please, no guesses!!). I forwarded this note as I know for
certain this report is truthful, not a joke or hoax.

His note follows, with personal specifics removed. But know
this occured in central New Jersey, this week, so take
precautions as you see fit.

"I have a problem which needs to be addressed immediately.
I retuned home on Sunday to find two men peering in the
windows of my garage. Before I could even get out of my
truck, the older one came over and told me he was here to
buy my car (which is NOT for sale!). I told them the car
was not for sale, but they said they wanted to see it
anyway. I didn't know these two from Adam, so I politely
refused and asked them to leave. The older one told me
again he was here to buy the car, no matter what it took.
I asked him how he even heard about the car, and he told
me he tracked it through the VIN and my Name on the web,
and got my address from the internet. I told them again,
I would not show the car, and that they should leave, but
they refused to leave until they saw the car. I ended up
calling the police, and they finally left before they
arrived. I gave the police their license plate#, which I
learned Tuesday was stolen. When I came home from work
Tuesday evening, my neighbor said there were two guys
playing with my garage door which fit their description,
they left when she said she was calling the police. The
point of this letter is that someone, for some reason,
is attempting to steal my car based on information off
of the web, and I would like any information about me or
my car to be removed immediately please from your site.
I'm sorry, but this is what I feel needs to be done at
this point to guarantee the safety of this car, and the
other cars in my garage. I would respect your privacy
if it were the other way around, and hope you can do
the same for me. Thank You."

I realize some of this comes off as 'not quite right', but
I haven't forwarded this note to suggest you all change
you screen names or to remove pictures of your cars. R
ather, it is simply to point out that, for whatever
reason and by whatever means of information gathering,
somebody in this area is driving around with a truck and
trailer, looking to steal a classic AMC.

I'm not seeking suggestions on what this owner should do
to protect his car or to track the bad guys, but have at
it if you wish to discuss this. But I know the owner and
believe every word he has stated. He's not a schmuck or
a liar.

(I pity these guys if they show up at Mom's place for my
car... she knows every cop in the county and is a crack-
shot! She WILL empty the clip and drag their butts inside,
then wait 'til their cold before calling the police.)

That said, Happy AMCing!

John W Rosa
www.JavelinAMX.com

--- End Message ---