[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Progress

Speaking of locks - how does one get the ignition lock out of the
steering column? Looking at the TSM, there is a latch that you must
push with a screwdriver then twist it out. But I'll be darned if I
can find the latch. Anyone know of a magical way to get the thing
out without breaking something? Thanks, Lu
--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, AMC74HORNET@xxxx wrote:
> Davis I am glad to see you got the glove box lock out. It is not
hard
> but if you don't know where to insert the pin to release the
tumbler you
> will never get it apart. Looks like you are almost all set to get
> rolling on the new Gremlin. I made some progress yesterday but a
trip to
> my lawyer first thing at 9:30am  in the morning and a 3:00pm V.A.
> doctors appointment cut into my working time. It turns out the
quart of
> paint orange paint I got for the car is the new paint and I was
able to
> buy a gallon of thinner for it to touch up the door jams.  It was a
> really beautiful day thursday weather wise. It was actually "T"
shirt
> weather for the first time. We are supposed to get 5 days of 55-65
> degree weather and no rain. Hooray!!!!!!!
> "Doc"
>

> Doc,
>  You will be suprised how fast it goes back together.
>  I finally got the glove box lock out and I will paint the suround
today.
>  I have been amassing parts and will start puting the drag car
together soon. I picked up the roll cage yesterday and the traction
bars came in yesterday and I got the radiator back from the shop.
Waiting on the holley black fuel pump. the moroso electric water
pump drive kit came in too. Still need to get the AN fittings and I
am making a deal for a Barry Grant fuel filter. That will complete
the fuel system.
>  I started cutting the holes in the floor for the subframe
connectors, I think I need to go to the metal yard and get more 2X3
tubing ...like about 3 more feet should do it.
>  Davis
>
> AMC74HORNET@xxxx wrote:
>
> Final dissassembly of the interior is officially under way. I
removed
> the quarter windows, the frames needed to have the rust sanded off
of
> them and be painted body color. The rubber gaskets for them on the
> inside is painted interior color. They are tan and I used SEM to
paint
> one of them black yesterday and will paint the other one today. I
also
> removed the sail panels and the molding between them. I hope to
have
> them painted with SEM by tuesday after I repair a little UV sun
damage.
> Next out comes the headliner and mounting moldings, they need the
SEM
> treatment and should be finished and ready to install by the end
of the
> week. It's so nice to see some actual progress for a change.
> "Doc"
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Give the gift of life to a sick child.