Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Some more questions! oil pan and intake questions

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Some more questions! oil pan and intake questions

   Well I do have a manual but I left it on my Desk at work.  Its a chiltons anyway so I wonder if it would have even told me abou the gaskets. It mainly deals with the newer models and very little if any of the v8 models. LOL!!!

I want to do these items tonight and tomarrow so I was in a bind.

Davis Martin <martin-davis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
D,
 Oil pan gasket. I always like to wipe a skim coat of rtv blue on the pan then kind of glue the gasket to the pan with the skim coat. Definitly put a dab on either side of the rear main seal in the spot where it meets the block. I do the same on the front as I install the timing cover. The pan will work fine in your car.
 Intake. Use the supplied rtv black and wipe a skim coat with your finger around all ports ( water and intake) Then install the pan and skim the topside the same. Put the rubber strips on the front and back and dab RTV in the corners same as you did with the oil pan. Install intake and torque bolts from the center out.
 Get yourself a good repair manuel for your car and it will have answers to these questions. Asking on here is fine too
 hope this helps clarify things for ya.
 Davis

deezildennis <dsinks@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Im going to go out and put my new oil pan gasket and intake gasket on
401. Its on the stand btw.

heres the questions.

The oil pan was crushed on the stock 304 so I pitched it and cleaned
up a Jeep oil pan I had from a waggy 360. It has a side drain plug,
the stock 304 had a rear drain plug. Will this one with the side drain
work in my gremlin?

Do I need to put rtv on both sides of the cork gasket for the oil pan
and some on the rubber end peices??

As for the intake. Does the valley pan get rtv around the intake holes?
I have a jeep with a 304 but I had someone holding my hand when I did
the intake. And i just cant plain remember what i did with the oil
pan gasket.

I think I just put a dab on both side of the oil pan gasket and none
on the rubber end peices. I dont want to screw this up. It would be
alot harder to fix this when its in the car. Not so with the jeep.

So....Your thoughts. Im still semi new at this. Im a newer car
kinda guy if you know what I mean...

Give the gift of life to a sick child.