Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Might be getting some V-8 Gremlinparts...so...

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Might be getting some V-8 Gremlinparts...so...

I don't see why the exhaust manifolds would be different as the Hornet &
Gremlin share the same engine compartment.
"Doc"

Give the gift of life to a sick child.

--- Begin Message ---
  A club guy I haven't met but once at our annual Club show called
me up Monday night, and said he's parting out a V-8 '74 Gremlin. Was
left in a field, and has rusted out badly. Not much of the
sheetmetal is good, he said. Anyway, he's keeping the V-8 front
crossmember, but I should be getting the rear axle and driveshaft.
Also I hope the transmission crossmember,and probably the automatic
trans, as he doesn't want that, either. Other than that, any other
specific parts? Oh yeah, the manifolds! Gotta get THOSE! He said he
was not keeping the block, but was taking the parts off it. Is the
Hornet exhaust manifolds the same as the Gremlin, or different,
anyone know? He may be keeping those, he's interested mainly in
HOrnets, he has one, and some Javelins. I will probably get the rear
hatch glass and interior plastic as well. He's keeping the Sport
steering wheel. Not sure of the rest of the stuff.
  If anyone can think of anything V-8 specific I missed I would
need, holler at me. I've got a crossmember already, but nothing
else, so the rear axle and driveshaft gets me most of the way there
for  afuture conversion. Idler or Pitman arm differences? Well, I
should be going out on Sunday to check on it, and get some or most
of the parts then.
  Another thing I checked on was on a possible Gremlin "cap" for my
Toyota p/u truck...I measured, the width is the same, the depth I'll
need looks to be the same...would look "neat" driving my old beater
Toyota with a rear Gremlin "cap" on it, I think. LOL. I have my
circular saw with metal cutting blade(s), so I can probably cut it
off if it's worth it. What the hey, it's gonna be cut up, down, and
apart, so may as well save what I can, eh? Wish me the best!

JErry in VA...spring has sprung loose some Gremlin parts, finally...

--- End Message ---