Re: [BaadAssGremlins] adaptor installed in rear of crankshaft to fit 727

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] adaptor installed in rear of crankshaft to fit 727..who does them?

Ok well 401 would be better more cubes is more power generally. Are you gonna turn 7500 rpm's ? That is about when the revvy motor would perform better.
 I have the bolt on kit and, now that I have seen it, next time, I will have it made. all it is is a machined large washer with a step for the flexplate to center on. The block spacer is just cut out of a hunk of 1/4 plate steel. I will try to get pics of it on here.
 I was gonna build a 401 using my 70 390 block n rods and get a 401 crank. Got the crank and now found out the block is not the greatest. Was told it needs 6 sleaves! 1000 bucks to fix. SO....Been lookin for a 401 block.........have decided not to do this build for a while now. I will just use the 343 thats in the car for now.
 Davis

Joe <jgray_55@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ok. This is going into my 1972 Gremlin! SUGGESTIONS
please gentlemen!!Who has had the 1971-older V8
crankshaft machined and the steel bushing installed to
fit a torque flite (727/904)onto the older style
crank? Where is a good place/whats the cost? Can my
local machine shop handle it? They are very good..but
have never done this operation.I'm either going to
build my engine as a 401 or a 1970 style 390. I have
both crankshafts, a block,several sets of
rods...etc..need pistons anyway...BUT the 390 crank
(fresh 10/10)will need the adaptor bushing to fit a
torqueflite. Starting with a bare block..etc...so can
go either way.I'm sure that a 401 will be sufficent in
my Gremlin(yup...nuts)...BUT i've had a real soft
spot for a 390...(RPM's QUICK)ever since i had a
MACHINE 30 years ago...any sugestions? Please reply
directly also.Thanks alot,Joe

http://mail.yahoo.com

Help save the life of a child. Support St. Jude Children's Research Hospital's
'Thanks & Giving.'