Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: What Traction Bars are YOU using??

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: What Traction Bars are YOU using??

That is an awsome price. 7 leafs is way overkill though I would save the weight. I went with HD 5 leafs.
 You can get fiberglass bumpers for about 130 bucks.
 Franks fiberglass.
 Davis

phl_campbell <misteramx@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hey Davis,

Not sure why the price difference, but my spring guy here is taking
my existing and very worn out 4 leaf Gremlin springs and using at
least 3 of the springs from my Spirit AMX rear spring set, re arching
them all at the same time, so I'll have a little more than the
factory correct arch along with 7 springs....$120 total! Guess I'll
be pulling the rear bumper to compensate for all this extra weight I
just added!!

> Yup That is Exactally what I have on my 72. I have the CE 70
mustang ones. I had to use 2 sets of wedges though to get the angle
right. I used 5 leaf HD springs from ESPO. 164.00 to my door for them
which was alot cheaper them having them rearched and add leafs at the
local shops. The 3 runs I made last year with them they seem to hold
up well.
> Davis
> Amc Team
>
> phl_campbell wrote:
>

> Okay, looking for some ideas on traction bars for my '74 Chremlin.
> I'm using the AMC 20, and Summit drag shocks in the rear. I'm
having
> the springs re arched and probably another 2 leaves added. I'm
> looking for a bolt on, not something that has to be cobbled
together
> and more than likely I'll need something that replaces the spring
> perch. I have looked at the Competition Engineering bolt on units
> for early Mustangs, they look like the lower shock eyelets are in
the
> right spot, can't tell if they're long enough. If they're too long,
> no problem, nothing a sawzall won't fix.
>
> Any ideas? Maybe a different spring perch that allows a different
> lower shock style mount? The current spring perch doesn't really
> allow for the universtal style slapper bars because of their shape,
> they don't fit flush.
>
> Chime in folks, test and tune is 3 weeks away!!
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Help save the life of a child. Support St. Jude Children's Research Hospital's
'Thanks & Giving.'