Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Roof rack and Deflector installation

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Roof rack and Deflector installation

Bill, Don't exactly know the answer about the roof rack, but the rear air deflector has those little rubber bumpers at the corners and they actually touch the body.  'The Mix'
ps. Just remember, when you screw the screws into the holes to mount the rack and the air deflector, the paint and primer is going to be chipped away by the theads on the screws. Now if you were installing rivets, that would be a different story.

Before I do that, however, I want to drill holes for
the roof rack and the the air deflector so that the
freshly drilled exposed metal is sealed with primer
and paint.  The roof rack came with four chrome
luggage strips that are held onto the roof with
plastic clips that go through the sheet metal.
They're almost like a pop rivet.  Has anyone installed
these strips before using the same clips?  If so, what
was your resourse for that?

Also, the factory luggage rack bolt holes are a larger
are the grommet type with a metal sleeve.  Anyone
resintalled those types, and if so, where did you get
them?  Is there an alternative?

Regarding the air deflector, how close to the rear
sheetmetal is that supposed to be installed?  I
noticed on the underside of the deflector at the outer
tips, there is a soft rubber bumper type insert
suggesting it's supposed to be in close contact with
the painted sheetmetal.  Anyone have any thoughts on
that?

Thanks.

Bill
Dallas, TX
'72 Gremlin
'72 Olds Custom Cruiser Wagon (newly restored)
'71 Mark III
'70 Cadillac Convertible

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here