Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Door Repairs (Hey Lu)

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Door Repairs (Hey Lu)

The orange car did ot have a problem with the track bolts but the yellow
one did. The metal was not rusted away around the bolt but it was
cracked and I welded it up. Also on the front track at the bottom there
is a nut on a 1/4" threaded rod that is there for adjustment that has a
habbit of breaking off. It is a simple fix as it is threaded into the
track. Just cut a piece of 1/4" thread all rod to the proper length and
it is fixed. Had to do that on both drivers doors on my Hornet's. My
window channel came out without much problem.
"Doc"

Give the gift of life to a sick child.

--- Begin Message ---
Doc, That must be a common problem because one of my doors has that
top corner weld broken but the other one is solid. I had a time
getting the old window track liners out. They were dry rotted and my
son and I spent one Saturday afternoon picking the pieces out.
Another problem I found was that at the bottom of the window track
(inside the door), one of the bolts had rusted completely through
the door. A piece of metal will have to be welded in and a new hole
drilled in order to reattach the bracket section. ~Lu~
--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, AMC74HORNET@xxxx wrote:
> Hey Lu something for you to check on your doors. Where the window
glass
> frame is welded to the door check to make sure the welds are not
cracked
> or broken. Today getting the inside of mine ready to paint I found
welds
> cracked or broken on both doors. CRS faded and I realized I had to
weld
> up similar cracks on my yellow car 5-6 years ago when I did the
> interior. Just something you should check and everyone else. No
real
> progress made today but a defect found and my friend welded up the
> cracks so tomorrow I will continue from there. At last some work is
> getting done on the actual car for a change.
> "Doc"

--- End Message ---