Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Wiring harness removal

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Wiring harness removal

Yes, that's how I removed mine. The other screws completely remove the harness from the inside of the firewall. I was able to spread both pieces of the harness out on the garage floor and clean them up.

Having the steering column and box out of the way and the cross member gone sure made it easy to work in the engine compartment. I welded the hole in the firewall used for the clutch rod and then worked on a hole in the front frame assembly. The original owner had cut a hole for a bolt to attach a chain to the engine. I guess he didn't want to use solid motor mounts.

While I had everything stripped to bare metal, I also beefed up the welds around the shock towers. I saw it as an opportunity to strengthen everything up. I did the same to the sub frames too.

Eventually, the steering box was cleaned and painted, as well as the steering column. And of course, every piece in the front end, including the upper and lower control arms, cross member, steering knuckles, drag link, tie rod ends, sway bar and spindles were cleaned and painted.

Eventually, you get to a point that nothing else can be removed. Once you get there, everything you do, brings it back to life again.

Everybody keep up the hard work........it's worth it.

Rick

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here