Re: [BaadAssGremlins] v8 removable cross member

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] v8 removable cross member

In a message dated 3/12/05 3:35:54 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, gremlinboys@xxxxxxxxx writes:

well at first i wanted to build one because it would make engine
removal so much easier and simpler to install headers, then try to
install the v8 with a milodom pan and lines with stock motor mounts,
a regular pain in the butt, well since my tranny bellhousing was
cracked and had to be sent to be fixed i decided to use this extra
time to see how hard it would be to make a removable light wieght
crossmember it is going pretty good so far and i think i will have a
prototype done by monday or tuesday and get it installed to do the
final motor mounts i bet atleast 20-25 pounds off the front of the
car atleast. another little trick i use on the gremlin is the top of
the rad support is cut and has tabs welded on. four bolts hold it in
place, when the grill and the rad support is removed the motor comes
out alot lower easier to controll the engine crane and simpler to get
at the front of the motor for cam swaps or timing case removal, i
have done this on every gremlin i have
D.G,my buddy made a removable center piece for his V8 crossmember on his 74 Gremlin i will get some pics of it and add them on here so you can get an idea for your own.
Bart

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here