Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Holding My Breath

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Holding My Breath

Computers and modern tech. is great but it is only as good as the human
that works the system. Unfortunately a lot of the younger generation
can't read or due to cut backs in some school courses are just plain
stupid. A 23 year old girl in my wife's office didn't know where San
Diego was. God help us.
"Doc"

Give the gift of life to a sick child.

--- Begin Message ---
I have already been through 'hex' Doc. Last week I ordered one on-
line through Rock Auto (filled out internet order form) only to have
them call me and tell me that they were out of stock. And that they
could no longer get that item. They refunded me right away, but it
still took 3 days to get the money back electonically. So when I
found this one, I called FIRST before filling out the electronic
form and talked to a human when placing this order. Hopefully by
getting the guy to physically check their stock, it will happen for
me. I will let ya'll know WHEN (keepin the faith) it arrives. ~Lu~
--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, AMC74HORNET@xxxx wrote:
> I am not trying to put the hex on you Lu. But 5-6 years ago when I
found
> my booster starting to go bad (it would whistle when you stepped
on the
> brake) I tried to get an re-man exchange. I didn't want to lay up
the
> car while mine was re-maned, never mind the fact if it was lost I
was
> dead. No one in the whole country had an exchange except for NAPA.
The
> car was still drivable. After giving NAPA a deposit and waiting a
week
> to 10 days they told me they really didn't have one at all and it
was a
> computer mistake. I turned to Jeff at Kennedy American and told
him my
> problem. He didn't have any but had found things in the past for
me. He
> said give  him a few days. 5 days later he calls me and say's he
has a
> factory NOS manual to power drum kit for 200$, so I popped for it.
> I wonder why it is so hard to get an exchange booster? you would
think
> the Concords, Spirits, Eagles and SX-4's would have the same
booster. I
> think in the mid 70's disc brakes were now standard with power
being the
> option, but who would not pop for the power option?
> "Doc"

--- End Message ---