[BaadAssGremlins] For Sale: AMC Eagle SX-4, $100, California

[BaadAssGremlins] For Sale: AMC Eagle SX-4, $100, California

Here's one I think may be more 'in line' with current pricing trends.
Maybe this one isn't too expensive. ;)

"MODEL: AMC Eagle SX-4
YEAR: 1982
BODY STYLE: 50-series 2 door liftback/ moonroof
ENGINE: 258 6cyl. With model BBD-2 VENTURI carburetor
TRANSMISSION: Automatic Chrysler 998 with 4wheel drive
COLOR: Black with Tan interior
MILEAGE: 192247
LOCATION: San Jose, California
E-MAIL ADDRESS: scottish10@xxxxxxxxxxx include "Eagle" or "AMC" in
subject line
ASKING PRICE: $100 to loving home. I don't want this crushed or junked.
The engine was rebuilt about 10,000 miles ago , but it now makes a
banging sound that sounds like a broken pushrod, or a broken rocker arm.
I need the space now, and have stopped putting money into it. I have
rebuilt the transmission about 5,000 miles ago, and I have replaced the
rear leaf springs with an extra leaf, so it can take more weight. I have
the original 81 AMC repair manual & a Chilton manual. It has four new
tires, and a miniwheel spare with jack, ect.. On the lift back rear
window, I have some black metal louvers that keep the sun out of the
back seat area. The moon roof is glass. The front transfer case works
well with new vacuum tubes on the select drive 4-wheel drive. AM-FM
only, no tape deck. It has an aftermarket aluminum valve cover on the
straight six, with a carburetor and a rebuild kit. It passed smog after
the engine was rebuilt, and has a new carbon filter. I registered it as
non-operative the last time it was due. The body is in good condition,
and a toeball that's only attached to the bumper for light loads. It's
got high ground clearance and a tight turning radius with a low center
of gravity. This is a heavy car due to its transfer case, and it was
advertised as good in snow. It has snow cables. The small back seat
folds down, with seat covers and floor mats over a good carpet. It has
undercoating, it was originally from back east but was retrofitted for
Cal. Smog. It has no A.C., no cruse control, and a clock instead of a
tach. on the instrument panel."

Not mine, so contact the seller at:
scottish10@xxxxxxxxxxx (include "Eagle" or "AMC" in subject line)

John W Rosa
http://www.javelinamx.com

1973 AMC Hornet X 360/Auto/TwinGrip (original)
1973 AMC Hornet 258/Auto (project shell)
1974 AMC Javelin AMX 401/Auto/TwinGrip (parts)
1977 AMC Gremlin 232/3spd (parts)
1979 Spirit DL 258/4spd (parts)
1981 Spirit DL 258/Auto/RallySuspension (project)

Give the gift of life to a sick child.