[BaadAssGremlins] Re: AMC Wagons (was: Great Car,TOO cheap! 90 minutes l

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: AMC Wagons (was: Great Car,TOO cheap! 90 minutes left on eBay.)

For some of you who came to the 2001 AMO AMC Nationals we did in Houston,
many of you got to see Paige's first year 1978 AMC Concord D/L wagon. It was
on the showfield, 258-6, AT, AC, PS, PDB, tilt, tint, luggage rack, factory
aluminum AMC slot rims, leather, AM/FM, delay wipers, beautiful Sunshine
Yellow with woodgrain, 40K original documented miles, just a awesome
original owner garaged car I had bought for $600....from original owner. It
had much new upkeep not that it needed it,  like trannie, tires, tuneup. I
had it for sale for over a year for $2100. On the showfield it was for sale
'show special' for $1750.

Still no bites although two people test drove it and liked it. It basically
was a brand new 23 year old original low miler. And that yellow. We used to
call it 'the sunshine pea' as the gloss on the original Lustre Guard paint
was so shiny like new you could even see your reflection it it!

I finally sold it to a fellow on the old amc-list who lived in New Orleans,
he flew in and drove it home and still owns it. I took $1900.00 for it, and
even though that one John mentions int he link below is nice, this one was
nicer, lower mile, and had a 3rd place trophy from a AMC National Meet to
show off for it. Still miss that booger!

For those of you who have never had the pleasure to drive a AMC built
station wagon, they are awesome. Paige and me have 5 wagons right now, some
shown here, and all driven except the little 74 Hornet Sportabuot which
needs brakes, but is for sale for $600. Think about it for a moment, it is
2005 and I'm driving daily (as is my wife) good, dependable, solid cars
built by Americans decades ago. And we also have child seats in them for
Noah and Jacob and drive them daily in the 4th largest city in the US that
covers 8998 square miles.......
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825