Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Power Brake Booster Answers Needed

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Power Brake Booster Answers Needed

Lu,  early tomorrow I will assist you in the disc brake problem. Since I
did it to to my yellow car last summer. It will be the straight skinny
from a driven car and I had it out for a drive today too. I am just to
tired to go into the details now. I researched the options from people
that did it before for a few year before I did it.  Arthritis is killing
me and a snow storm is coming tonight.
"Doc"

Give the gift of life to a sick child.

--- Begin Message ---
I have called several folks around the country about AMC power brake
booster set ups. I am more confused than ever and need some solid
answers.

1. Can I use the drum power booster with a disc brake master
cylinder? Is the flange width the same on drum v. disc masters?
2. What is the piston depth difference between the disc v. drum
cylinders?
3. Are the discharge ports always located on the inboard (passenger)
side of the master cylinder on AMCs?
4. Are there any other power brake boosters that will interchange
with the AMC disc booster? If so, which models?
5. Will the proportioning valve that I have (from a disc brake AMC
car) work with a different brand?

I have gotten many conflicting answers about the brake
booster/cylinder set ups. I am to the point of saying to heck with it
and trying to find something that will work and build my own mounting
brackets. Since my car isn't stock, it doesn't have to wear AMC
exclusive items. Too bad that Cardone ran out of AMC disc brake
booster cores!!!!! ARGH! ~Lu~

BTW - someone beat me to the disc brake power booster/cylinder at the
junkyard. Went there yesterday and someone had taken several AMC
parts!

--- End Message ---