Re: [BaadAssGremlins] AMC Parts are seriously drying up!!! (& gotsome en

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] AMC Parts are seriously drying up!!! (& gotsome engine work done)

PAS? Davis.
"Doc"

'Thanks & Giving.'

--- Begin Message ---

Lu,
 Call PAS in Fla. He has the parts you need. I talked to him last week.
 WHen we first built the BBO Gremlin in 87 there were no AMC specific guide plates. We bought chevys cut and welded them to fit. They are now on my 72 gremlin.
 Davis
lumina333 <lumina333@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I called Kennedy America today only to be disappointed. He told me
that the window track inserts are out of stock and no longer being
made. He is trying to find some molded material to custom make some
of these. Also, there is noone remanufactoring the power brake
boosters. The only way I can get one is go back to the junkyard and
get one off a power disc brake set up and have it remanned. Kennedy
is willing to help me with that. So I guess its back to the yard.
Got to make sure to get all the mounting brackets and rods he said.

On another note, we have been having problems getting the roller
tipped rocker arms staying adjusted properly on top of the valve
stems. The problem was with the guide plates that I bought
(especially for an AMC - right). What we ended up doing was cutting
each guide plate in half and adjusting them individually then
welding them back together. In other words, we made our own
adjustable guide plates (hehe). Now the roller tips are perfectly
aligned in the correct travel path. Whew! Glad we got that problem
solved. ~Lu~

Help save the life of a child. Support St. Jude Children's Research Hospital's
'Thanks & Giving.'