Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Radiator Flushing Tips

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Radiator Flushing Tips

In a message dated 2/22/05 12:24:14 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, warlocke@xxxxxxxxx writes:

i need to flush my radiator in my 78 grem and have no idea as to go
about doing it lol. anyone got ne suggestions???

im only 17 and this is my first car LOL

I take it your having overheating probs?thres a valve at the bottum of the rad. unskrew it and empty the nasty orange crappy water/antifreeze into a bucket as you can get in some serious shit for dumping it nowadays.i'd DEF. change the hoses and thermostat too.Run some water through yer rad. and make sure its coming out the same color at the bottum.and if you live in a [place where it don't get really cold i.e where i'm at in Fl. run half water,heald engine COOLANT do not use antifreeze and also run a 160 deg thermostat as i must stress that in warmer climate states you don't need the stuff for cold weather. and that fact your 17 isn't funny to us as many here are teens themselves and i got my first AMC as a teenager as well and i've learned a lot by doing what your doing right now  by asking questions.
Bart

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Get unlimited calls to

U.S./Canada