Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: 1957 Metropolitan!!

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: 1957 Metropolitan!!

Sounds great, Joe. A fun car combined with great memories! High School
friend of mine had one of those--it was a lot of fun, especially back in
those days when absolutely nobody had a little car. I remember that
sometimes the shift lever would just come off in his hand!!!! It was like a
column shift (not a floor shift) but was actually attached to the dash right
by the steering column, like in the very early Ramblers. That doesn't seem
right, now that I think about it, but it has been close to forty years since
I rode in a Met. In the late sixties I saw one with that little 215 cid
Buick aluminum v-8 in it. That was a real screamer. Not AMC power, but at
least a little more creative than a sbc.
Onree

on 2/15/05 5:39 PM, lumina333 at lumina333@xxxxxxxxx did write:

> Good luck, Joe! Go for it! I am thinking of doing a Metro for my
> next project. If nothing else, just to see how many clowns I can fit
> in it! LOL ~Lu~
>
> --- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Joe <jgray_55@xxxx> wrote:
>> Ok..wish me luck. I MAY be getting my old high school
>> music teachers 57 Metro coupe!Going back to look at it
>> again this evening. He's had it in a auto museum for
>> around 10-12 years or so atleast.Needs ALL brakes
>> system replaced. Does run ok.Needs some lower body
>> repairs(as usual).Needs exhaust also. Whats the darn
>> thing worth? I'd also be getting a spare
>> engine,trans,rear axle,front suspension....etc. I KNOW
>> this isn't a cool car to most guys..BUT i rode in it
>> with my "very awesome" band teacher while in school(i
>> graduated in 1973). He also had a 1953 Ford
>> Coupe("239"flathead powered)  we cruised in back then
>> also! Thanks for any info. NOW...as long as my wife
>> keeps her sense of humor?????? HMMMM!..WElllll wish me
>> luck. I guess you COULD squeeze a 360 in it...naw! Joe

'Thanks & Giving.'