[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Atlanta 2005 (was: Hey Eddie.....)

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Atlanta 2005 (was: Hey Eddie.....)

Paige & me (and Noah who is 3 and Jacob 2) are planning to be at the Atlanta
show, not sure at this point whether we will be vending or attendees, as it
is usually hectic for me at meets, as I'm roaming around helping out, buying
parts, judging, trying to help local chapter and so forth. At night however
we usually sit around the host hotel parking lot and have a beer or two,
would probably have to cut it short this time due to kiddies, sometimes I
let them stay up until 11pm however....but at this time we are planning to
go, have a LOT of friends in the Georgia area, and made many more last time
we were there for the Regional in 1998(?).

A funny story about that meet, as it was over, people were leaving, going to
clean up as it usually breaks up about 3-4pm, as many folks hurry to rooms,
or home, or wherever to get a nap, or eat, or simply clean up from the day's
events, most of them will be going to the banquet that night! Well, about
3:30, there was a really nice Big Bad Green 69 AMX sitting there I had been
crawling over. Hey, I'm arrogant and a asshole too you know. I had opened
the door and was writing down the Data Tag info when owner came up. He asked
what I was doing and I introduced myself. No one has ever complained once I
introduce myself either. Luckily! It was Eddie Jordan's car from NC. Well,
there was a 69 AMX in Big bad Orange a stone's throw away and a 69 AMX in
Big Bad Blue almost next to it. I asked Eddie if he would kindly move his
AMX over near the orange car, and then as the owner of the blue car was
walking back towards the hotel, his wife was near the car, and I asked if
she had the keys to 'move it near the orange car, as I wanted to take a
photo of all three Big Bad cars' I introduced myself and she ran screaming
across the parking lot 'HONEY, EDDIE STAKES WANTS TO PHOTOGRAPH OUR CAR!!'
I was laughing, hoping she didn't hurt hersle,f her husband quickly came
back and moved the car closer to the orange car, then Eddie moved his on the
end. Suddenly people started coming from all angles to get a spectacular
photo op of these three Big Bad colored cars. I didn't learn until later
that Jordan's BBG had taken Best of Show. It was just spontaneous thing that
worked out good, looked like parparazzi AMCers with all the cameras. Just a
nice memory from a past AMC meet.

Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825