[BaadAssGremlins] RE: 70 AMC V8....again

[BaadAssGremlins] RE: 70 AMC V8....again

Craig,
Sorry guy.  Didn't mean to get your pressure up!  ;-).

OK. Here's the latest on the Ambassador....which ain't
much yet.  The salvage yard guy I talked to wasn't
there and since the hood had yet to be popped, I'm
assuming he didn't follow through on checking out the
condition of the engine.

I went back to the yard yesterday to see what I could
find on my own.  I pulled like heck on the broken
release cable but couldn't pop the hood.  Not sure
what the probelm is, probably a rusted cable.  I
called a buddy that has a 73 Ambassador who said it
was possible to get into it by going through the front
end but it's not easy.  He said he'd go out his week
to see what he can do.

But, I did find out via the VIN that it's a 72
Ambassador, not a '70.  It has a 360 2bbl with
automatic.  Anyone got any comments on the 2bb aspect?
 Also, I'm assuming that if it's a '72, then the
transmission is a 727 Torgueflight?.

On another topic, I've gutted the entire interior
right down to removing the wiring harness.  I'm about
to strip out all the soundproofing, then clean it all
up and work on some minor floor rust.  Anyone have any
suggestions as to replacement sound deadening
material?  I'm interested in deading as much noise as
possible when I put it back together after painting.
I've seen pics of people using the silver insulation
on the floors and ceiling.  What's the best way to
insulate against sound?

Lastly, I pulled an intermittent wiper setup from a
Concord.  It comes with the intermittent switch and
timer box.  Is the motor something different over the
regular two speed type?  Just curious as I'd like to
use the one that came with my car but just in case I
took the motor off the Concord anyway.   Thoughts
anyone?

Bill
Dallas, TX
72 Gremlin
72 Custom Cruiser Wagon (newly restored)
71 Mark III
70 Cadillac Conv

--- craig and airemy caudle <ccamx73@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Bill!!!
>
> You're killing me here!  You going with the 401 4
> spd, or the 390??  I'm
> interested in whichever one you don't use...
>
> Craig

http://mail.yahoo.com

Give the gift of life to a sick child.