Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: New Gremlin Gas Tank Availability

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: New Gremlin Gas Tank Availability

Doc, Do you know what the difference is in the 22 gallon tank you put in and the 22 gallon tanks that came in the say 74 Gremlins?

AMC74HORNET@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
It was a 3 part kit, a cleaner, an etcher and the sealer. I assume the
etcher was a mild acidic solution as eye and skin protection was
recommended. All I know is I meticulously followed the directions and
the tank leaked and just before I swapped in the new tank a few months
later the sealer had flaked off and clogged the sock on the pickup tube.
I had a crack at the mounting flange for the sender so I did not fill
the tank up completely until I replaced the tank. The old tank was 17
gallons and the new one is 22 gallons. Be careful when tightening the
locking ring for the sender of you might crack the tank. Luckily for me
the 22 gallon tank was still available so I put one in the orange car
too last fall. That tank didn't leak but when I installed the new sender
I found the vent tube in the tank loose so I replaced the tank.
"Doc"