Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Parts and whole car collecting

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Parts and whole car collecting

72 and newer AMC's used Trorqueflites. Almost no parts or people that
know how to rebuild a Warner are still around. The crank has to be
machined or an adapter used to use the Torqueflite that is the best
option.
"Doc"

Meet the McDonald¿s® Lincoln Fry  get free digital souvenirs,
Web-only video and bid on the Lincoln Fry prop charity auction.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/2YkgMD/fV0JAA/Y3ZIAA/YtqqlB/TM

--- Begin Message --- I'm right there with you guys.  As mentioned a couple
of days ago, I came across a fully intact 70
Ambassador coupe.  I hate to see it just sitting there
and I hate to be the first to be desecrate it by
pulling any parts off of it but if not me, then it
would be done by someone else and just my luck they'd
pull the part I'd want anyway so......

I think the salvage yard guy might be having second
thoughts about parting it out.  I tried calling the
owner yesterday regarding what V8 it contains.
Apparently he doesn't work on Tuesday so I'll call
again today.  Really nice guy.  Assuming he hasn't
changed his mind, I'm probably going to go ahead and
invest in pulling the engine and transmission
regardless of whether it's a 304, 360, or 390, to
install in my Gremlin.

Someone said the trans wasn't the best performance
trans over the 727 but I'm not planning on regularly
burning rubber with mine.  Still, if the 727 is a
better option all the way around, maybe I should pick
that up elsewhere.

Anyone got any thoughts on that?  Is that the same
automatic connected to the over abundance of six
cylinder combinations?

Bill
Dallas, TX
'72 Gremlin
'72 Olds Custom Cruiser Wagon (newly restored)
'71 Mark III
'70 Cadillac Convertible