Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Will a 1967 American turn signal switch fit a 1967

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Will a 1967 American turn signal switch fit a 1967 Ambassador

Hi Joe, this is not a unique problem it is something I have complained about
for many years. I used to buy stuff in salvage yards knowing it was
difficult to find, and only getting harder as time goes on. But you quickly
learn also that not all that glitters in junk yards (or ebay) is gold
either. Some stuff I gave away, other stuff tossed.

Sheetmetal is at a premium right now and will never be made again for 99% of
our AMCs. However, that don't mean that anyone is rushing out to buy the
sheetmetal except the Chinese. This can be said for a lot of parts. There is
a file on my website that deals with this, actually two of them, 'rambler
mentality' and also 'altered amcs' butit is something some of us have
learned a long time ago. It got to a point where I quit buying 'common' or
'regular' items due to low, or no demand. I thought it was 'rare' or
'desirable' or just didn't want to se the shit crushed and bought it. Then
found out later after dragging it to AMC meets (even the Nationals we did in
Houston) some of this stuff don't sell....that is until possibly someone
gets in a wreck and needs a bumper, or hailstorm takes out glass.

So I see your frustration! Been there, done that for 22 years now. It got to
a point that I would feel guilty leaving a salvage yard, and walking away
from old AMCs knowing it would be the last time I would see that automotive
piece of history. And also knowing I could have saved parts off it like
glass, interior, mirrors, radio, but passed as I didn't want to spend my
money on something I could not break even, or make a dollar on later. So
that is 8000+ AMCs crushed now here in Houston I have seen. There ain't much
of shit in salvage yards here anymore, used to be 2-12 AMCs at any given
one, but no AMCs in any of the pick aparts now for over 7 months,
it......simply......dried...up. Or as I like to call it, the well ran dry.

Anyhows, if not mistaken, the turn signal switch is different from 67-69
Ambassador/Reber Series as it is to 66 1/2 to 69 Rambler, different cam in
there if I recall and if try to install, the lever once installed will not
clear the metal cut opening in the column for lever to stick out of.

How about putting your list of American/Rambler/rogue parts for sale (just
copy and paste it if you have it listed elsewhere) on my"message boards" on
my website, it is a free Swap Meet and more exposure might give you a few
more days to try to sell the stuff.

I might be interested in the column if you don't want it, maybe trade
something I have. Take care and good luck,
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx