Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Metal Door tag re-installation?

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Metal Door tag re-installation?

Be careful when you drill out the rivets as the tag itself is made out
of aluminum and if the drill bit catches it it could be damaged. Slow
and patient is the rule here for this job. Since I am not a restorer and
the re-installation of this tag is not important detail to me I never
re-installed them on either car. They are on my desk. All I did was use
a factory plastic plug like is used in the pass door to plug the 1" hole
that was behind the tag for access to the locking rod. I would imagine
that you could use 1/8" pop rivets to re-install yours with no problem
and it would look factory.
"Doc"

'Thanks & Giving.'

--- Begin Message ---
How did you replace the door tag after you drilled it out? Were you
able to pop rivet it back into the drilled out holes? ~Lu~
--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, AMC74HORNET@xxxx wrote:
> I don't know how to save the sticker but I just drilled out the 4
rivets
> to remove the door tag. I needed to remove them on both cars to
get at
> the hole in the door behind them to pop off the clip on the door
lock
> rod so I could remove the lock cyl.
> "Doc"

--- End Message ---