[BaadAssGremlins] Rust Free Versus Rusty Cars

[BaadAssGremlins] Rust Free Versus Rusty Cars

If all you can find and afford is a rusty car and can bring it back good
for you. Usually it requires more money and time than if you started
with a rust free car that has mechanical issues. Unfortunately we all
cannot be so lucky. Me I had some rust issues with my yellow Hornet that
I bought new and was always garaged and only saw 4 N.Y. winters. It had
some rust in the drivers side and pass side front floor area. The only
big issue was the water drain on the pass side door pillar was clogged
and the bottom of the pillar rusted out. I replaced it with a section
that I cut out of a 79 Concord I parted out. Now I see the front part of
the rockers on both sides rusting out. It also has the usual rust in the
tops of the fenders. Luckily Davis put me onto 2 NOS front fenders and I
was able to afford them. The corners of the rear bumper are rusted out
and I have a bumper from a 78 Concord to replace it. I was lucky with
the orange car as it was a Florida car and only has minor rust issues.
Mechanical issues are usually easier and cheaper to deal with than rust.
Although I do have 4,500$ into the orange car in mechanical repairs. The
interior will be another 1,800-2,200$. The big thing is I am probably
spoiled with low rust cars, but if you can save one go for it.
"Doc"

'Thanks & Giving.'