Re: [BaadAssGremlins] '79 Spirit GT 401 Interior Quest

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] '79 Spirit GT 401 Interior Quest

Sorry to hear you were laid off Ralph. Sorry I can't help with any
Spirit info as I am a Hornet man. Work on what you can so you make some
progress. I just adjust to the situation and do what I can.
"Doc"

Give the gift of life to a sick child.

--- Begin Message ---
I finally got to go out and enjoy sitting in my AMC '79 Spirit! Boy does it bring back memories. That was almost as good as a Morgan and Coke '-)). I recently got laid off so short on the $$$, so I haven't been able to accomplish what I wanted yet. Still beats sitting inside thinking about it! I've been digging up all the technical manuals and reading a lot about what I want/need to do! You guys keep me motivated by reading what ya'll are doing with your's.

AMC content: Since this is a GT, I need some answers about the GT interior options. I was told by the seller that it has the Deluxe interior. My original spirit had all of the woodgrain interior, so this one mystifies me a little bit. Woodgrain around the radio area. Flat black dash panels with about 1/8" exposed depth screws attached to the panels. Almost looks like an early '70's attempt at "studs" on the jeans. Someone also removed every knob for the switches and the hood/brake releases.

Does anyone have any scanned photos that they could send me that show what this future beauty had as the original interior? It would sure help me so I could start picking up these little details that don't cost much:-)). Interior and other trim information on the door is as follows:

Indiana '99 title-shows Model 437 Body Style 2S

Body: LO19801

Model: 7943-7

Trim: 901U

Paint: 6P

Final Assembly Number: W019747

Dash has studs on it and is black

Door interior is black with woodgrain on side of armrests

Black console in front seat (vinyl)

Front bucket fold to front seat-Black vinyl back and upper sides; Blue with a touch of gray? cloth on seat and front of seatback

Rear fold down seats with bench bottom, same colors as front.

faded black trunk carpet

Thanks for any information you can provide me with.

Ralph
rebade1@xxxxxxxxx

Do you Yahoo!?
--- End Message ---