From: Simms [mailto:MrSimms7@xxxxxxx]
Sent: January 24, 2005 10:04 PM
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: JC Whitney Rockers

I'll do ya'll one better...cause I don't want none of ya commin back
on me for my thoughts on it...I'm not interested in showing my car,
show quality, or whatever...I make it my own...not 'correct'
or 'stock'...whatever you wanna call it...so if you want yer car to
be picked apart and be able to fool the keenest of eyes...then I
don't think ANY repop panel is for you but ONLY factory pieces cut
off of cars...and that goes for any cars...even first gen. mustang
repop bumpers aren't right...(just ask my pops...if it don't have the
ford stamp then its not 100% true and correct)

I'll just post pics of the one I put on...

I did it a couple of years ago...and warped the panel...(bowed in a
lil at the middle of the door...

one thing I noticed is that the JCW panel has all the curve at the
bottom and has a flat area to it...where the orig. looks like it has
a contour to the whole thing...you get it on the car and you can't
even tell...

if you've only got 6-12" to do...then you MIGHT give these a
shot...heck they're cheap...but if it were me I'd just make the 6-12"
that I need outta .030 mild steel...

IIRC the JCW panel is .035-.040 depending on where you measure...as
for the 'structural' part of the subject...well...our cars are SPOT
welded together...just adding a bead would add more strength than
thicker metal... ;)  I also don't think the rocker is as big of a
deal as the roof is...the roof will wave, warp, and buckle before the
rockers show fatigue...and you'll REALLY have to be runnin some good
times...the floor will start to pop welds and rip metal...been there
done that...really if you're worried about it make up some frame
ties...

how soo do ya'll want these pics?

Give the gift of life to a sick child.