[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Bart's Forum?

Don't make me lurn yaw big scrabble words here now. I hadta go search fouruh meannin of this forum word. So here it is used from a big book, bigger than any AMC book, except the 67-72 Parts Manaul which is 3000 so pages, and has picture too! But this big book I'm fixin to (we say fixin to a lot here!) lurn yaw the word in question is forum, and this is how Mr. Webster deefines it:
fo·rum   Audio pronunciation of "forum" ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (fôrm, fr-)
n. pl. fo·rums, also fo·ra (fôr, fr)
    1. The public square or marketplace of an ancient Roman city that was the assembly place for judicial activity and public business.
    2. A public meeting place for open discussion.
    3. A medium of open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper or a radio or television program.
  1. A public meeting or presentation involving a discussion usually among experts and often including audience participation.
  2. A court of law; a tribunal.

[Middle English, from Latin. See dhwer- in Indo-European Roots.]

[Download or Buy Now]
Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

Main Entry: fo·rum
Pronunciation: 'fO-r&m
Function: noun
1 : PUBLIC FORUM
2 a : a judicial body or assembly : COURT <allowed the defendant in a state court action to choose the federal forum by removing the case ?M. H. Redish> b : the territorial jurisdiction of a court <due process requires defendant to have minimum level of contacts with forum before personal jurisdiction may be exercised ?National Law Journal>

Source: Merriam-Webster Dictionary of Law, © 1996 Merriam-Webster, Inc.

forum

n 1: a public meeting or assembly for open discussion 2: a public facility to meet for open discussion [syn: assembly, meeting place] 3: a place of assembly for the people in ancient Greece [syn: agora, public square]

Source: WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University

forum

<messaging> (Plural "fora" or "forums") Any discussion group
accessible through a dial-in BBS (e.g. GEnie, CI$), a
mailing list, or a Usenet newsgroup (see network,
the
). A forum functions much like a bulletin board; users
submit postings for all to read and discussion ensues.

Contrast real-time chat or point-to-point personal e-mail.

[Jargon File]

(1998-01-18)

Source: The Free On-line Dictionary of Computing, © 1993-2004 Denis Howe

forum

n. [Usenet, GEnie, CI$; pl. `fora' or `forums'] Any
discussion group accessible through a dial-in BBS, a mailing
list
, or a newsgroup (see the network). A forum functions much
like a bulletin board; users submit postings for all to read and
discussion ensues. Contrast real-time chat via talk mode or
point-to-point personal email.

Now let's get more folks sign up on this here forum/bart's group. Bart has a nice place here and it is full of wonderful information from a variety of sources....ALL of whom contribute one way or another in their own way. My point was I guess I attempt to send people of same interest:
Gremlin, Hornet, Concord, Spirit; here all the time, but it is not the easiest thing to sign up, especially with yahoo, sometimes. Witness the recent thing where for whatever reason I was bumped off and had to go thru a congressional hearing (thru no fault of Bart) with yahoo, to somehow sign back up. So how about a "welcome form" for people, or a signature at the bottom to let them know how to sign up? The easier the better perhaps, as not a whole lot of folks at internet savvy (big scrabble word using two V's even, and a Y!!!) so if a link is provided, or a form letter, perhaps this would help?
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx