Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Cassette player (was Eddie's RE: A Minor Complaint

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Cassette player (was Eddie's RE: A Minor Complaint)

If memory serves me correctly there is a dealer that manufacture reproduction radios with either cassettes, or CD players and can be found in a J. C. Whitney catalogue. http://www.custom-autosound.com I think these people do also.
                                                     Hal

twa1950@xxxxxxx wrote:
Rick that is what I would do. Mine only had an AM in it and I did the same thing PAX did with one of the AM-FM cassette player with the knobs on them. It didn't look too bad. I broke down and got me an original AMC AM-FM radio for mine. I just can't take the looks of the new radios in the old cars. Just my thoughts. It improved the sound a 100% over what I had in it but they are not as good as the new ones. A few years back the FCC allowed the stations to be closer so there could be more stations on the band. It makes it harder to tune with the old slider dial. I have an odies station that comes in strong so I am OK. I am like you if I was going to put a modern system in my Gremlin I would try and hide it.
Terry