[BaadAssGremlins] Cassette player (was Eddie's RE: A Minor Complaint)

[BaadAssGremlins] Cassette player (was Eddie's RE: A Minor Complaint)

My 78 Gremlin had an AM radio in it.  There's really
no music here that's broadcast on AM, just
conservative talk or sports talk or religious talk,
and I had to have some tunes.  I swapped out the AM
radio for a non-AMC AM/FM/Cassette player and managed
to do it without butchering the radio faceplate
because I used an old radio with knobs (instead of a
new one with a detachable faceplate).

The cool thing about the cassette player is that with
a cassette adapter I can not only hook up a portable
CD player, but even better, my Apple iPod (mp3 player)
which happens to match my Gremlin's dashboard.  It's
like it was fated to be there.  ;)

Neil Diamond sounds just right with one speaker....

pax

>>These things sound great at 80mph and Pink
>>Floyd The Division Bell cranked up. Sounds good with
Styx Equinox, John
Mellencamp Rain On The Scarecrow and other "oldies"
too. Since
cassettes are fixing to go the way of the 8track you
can get some awesome deals
on them, picked up Foreigner's first cassette at
Walgreens for $4.25.
They had some other good ones but I was out of money.

And for those of you who have 8 track tape players in
your AMC, there
is a website called www.8trackheaven.com which will
make one forget all
about war, tsunami, ice, 50 degree below zero temps
and non AMC
threads. Here is the actual sound of a 8 track player
changing for instance:
http://www.8trackheaven.com/sound/tracli.au

=====
"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." -- Douglas Adams

http://mail.yahoo.com

Give the gift of life to a sick child.