Re: [BaadAssGremlins] 78 Gremlin Gas Mileage Question

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] 78 Gremlin Gas Mileage Question

Not sure what they got in 78 but my 74 new off the lot with a 258 3spd got 28mpg no matter what(in town or highway), and stayed that way even when I slapped a 2bbl on her. Not so good now with the 4bbl and such and needing a rebuild, about 18.
 Hal

paxiljunki <paxiljunki@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Can anyone tell me what gas mileage the 78 gremlin
(232 w/ auto trans) was supposed to get (when
brand-spanking new off the lot)?

I'm getting a combined highway/town of 16 MPG and I'm
really not sure if that's good or bad (relatively).
If there's a possibility of increasing that MPG, I'd
really like to do it.

Though I will say this, at least when I fill up my gas
tank I'm not crying at the pump like some owners of
SUV's are.  ;)

pax

=====
"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." -- Douglas Adams