Re: Found a 70 Matador with 304

The 71 304V8 was rated at 210hp, really peppy engine out of the box. My 71 Matador sitting in the driveway is one example, here is the original window sticker:
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/window%20stickers/71_SAMPLE_WINDOW_STICKER.jpg
This thing winds up very quick and for being a little stock 304 2 barrel with AT, can really scoot from 0-60mph.

It's true, you can only do so much with a 304, but have seen them built up to over 500hp too..
One of the good things about them is thereare more items available for them than the 401 and 390 engines, especially bolt on. Depends on how much $$$ you want to drop in it!
Eddie Stakes
www.planethoustonamx.com