Deco Inst. Part 2#

We tried again to install the Delco in the orange Hornet. Notice the
word "TRIED". So you can guess it didn't work again. I had the Motorola
fan drilled out to fit the Delco alt. last week. I test fitted it
against the spare bracket Rick sent me and it fit and cleared everything
nicely. My only concern now was belt length and if the P/S box and all
would clear. Well kick me in the A$$ again. The stock belt is too long
and you can't install the shorter one because when you try to push the
alt. closer to the block the fan now hits the center of the "C" bracket.
To remove the bracket and try to modify it you have to remove the water
pump pulley to get at one bolt. So since I had a new radiator and water
pump in the garage I figured it was time to change it all out. The last
thing I think of to do if I can't quite get the clearance with modifying
the bracket is to have the Motorola pulley drilled out to fit the Delco.
If all above doesn't work I don't know what else to do.
"Doc"